Re: Preventing overwrite mode in GtkEntry

Nickolai Dobrynin wrote:
Paul,

But do you really need to do that?  Most users (AFAIK) never use
overwrite mode, but those who do will be confused with your application.

It's the users who've demanded that feature.  The very nature of the application
is odd.  It involves entering a lot of financial data in realtime.  This information
is then be used to determine the price and quantity at which some financial items
will be bought or sold.  At one point, we almost got burned because someone
had accidentally hit "Insert", and wrong information was entered.  Granted,
for a typical *office* app, you would never use tricks like that.

OK, then you do have a reason.  I hope my advices helped.  (In this case I'm
sure the user is to blame himself and not the app/whoevever developed it, but
I agree it is quite difficult for a developer to convince a user of it ;)

Paul