From: Paul Pogonyshev [mailto:pogonyshev gmx net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:08 AM
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Cc: Madhusudan E
Subject: Re: Notebook + Iconview

Madhusudan E wrote:
Hello All,
I have inserted iconview inside a notebook page.
Initially the focus is on the Notebook Tab.
When I press down key, Notebook Tab loses the focus but the iconview item
dosent get the focus. When I again press the Down key, the iconview item
gets the focus.
Effectively to pass the focus from the Notebook Tab to iconview item, two
down key presses are required.

Is this the default behavior if notebook and iconview or am I going wrong
anywhere.

Try using gtk_widget_grab_focus().  As for the second key press, I think
icon view (which I never used) starts with empty selection.  If you really
want, there must be a way to select the first item.

Paul