Gtk XOpenDisplay Xcompile problem

Hi All,
I am trying to cross compile Gtk+2.6.10 for my ARM board.
I compiled Xfree86-4.6 and related dep libraries for Gtk.
While compiling my Gtk i am facing the following problem.
I set my environment variables to point my libraries .
whenever i compile(configure) Gtk it is giving following error message

checking pixbuf loaders to build...
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... (cached) void
checking for x86 platform... no
checking for gdk-pixbuf-csource... /opt/gnome/bin/gdk-pixbuf-csource
checking for freetype-config... /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-
4.1.1-glibc-2.4-nptl-2
/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/local/bin/freetype-config
checking For sufficiently new FreeType (at least 2.0.1)... yes
checking for X... libraries /tmp/xfree86_new/dist/usr/X11R6/lib, headers
/tmp/xfree86_new/dist/usr/X11R6/include
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
configure: error: *** libX11 not found. Check 'config.log' for more details.

I checked even config.log file and i understand that it is looking for
libXext.
But libXext is there in my Xserver lib .Which is also Xcompiled and is in
the Environment path which i set.

For clear idea i am attaching my config.log file  along with this mail.

Infact while i cross compiling pango it didn't gave any problem while
configure ,but in the make process it
has given some problems.But when i added -lXext -lexpat  to  XFT_LIBS it
compiled without any problem.and it has created
all pango libraries for backend freetype ,X.Xft.
But for Gtk it is giving problem at the time of compilation itself. If It
links libXext i hope it won't give any problem.But i don't know how to link
externelly.
If some body helps in this regard it will be great .

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Harsha