pango Xcompile backend problem.

Hi All,
I am trying to cross compile pango-1.8.2 for ARM.
It is compiling perfectly with  backend: X
But When i try to compile Gtk+2.6.10 it is asking for
"configure: error: Xft Pango backend is required for x11 target "

Though i have xft package in my Crosscompiled Xserver why pango is not
compiling with
backend xft ?
Even i have freetype and fontconfig libs Xcompiled for my Target.
In my package config path xft.pc is there.
For your reference i am attaching the  makefile of pango.
Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Harsha