Properties, what are they for? Wigets writing doubts.

  Hi everyone.

  I'm beginning in widget's writing, and I want to know what is the purpose of the  widgets properties.
Because, when I look at the gtk widgets, they  have a lot of properties, but this properties can be changed
with the gtk_name_set.. functions too..
  Like the frame, is has a "label" property to change it's label, but it can be done with the
gtk_frame_set_label (or anything like it), so, why use properties?

  One other thing, I've readed that if I want to make a widget with a child, this has to be a container
(GtkContainer), so, I have a widget, it's a x-y plotting widget, and I have other widget, a scale. I want
that the plotting wigdget has two childs (2 scale widgets) to be it's x and y axis. So, it's better if the
plotting widgets has a GtkContainer as parent? Or other widget else?

  Thanks.
  Alexandre

 Yahoo! Search
 Música para ver e ouvir: You're Beautiful, do James Blunt