Re: Cautions with g_list_next()

Hi, Yeti and Tom,

Yes, sure, your explanation is quite right and logic, and I could find out how to make things work after dealing with the ->next member directly... but I see some kind of "mislogic" that leads to this error (I think probably more people did the same mistake someday). The GLib has an "abstraction" principle which might lead one to understand that the GList functions would allow the use of a GList element without having to touch its pointer members directly. So, it might look like

        element = g_list_next(members->list)

would "make 'element' point to the next member found in the GList 'members->list'", just as

        element = g_list_first (members->list)

means "make 'element' point to the first member found in the GList 'members->list'", know what I mean? This makes things a bit confusing. That´s why sometimes I feel that the GLib and the GTK documentation could be more detailed in some aspects, with some "do´s and don´t's"... just my two cents!

Regards!

Fabricio Rocha
Brasilia, Brasil

_______________________________________________________ Novidade no Yahoo! Mail: receba alertas de novas mensagens no seu celular. Registre seu aparelho agora! http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/