g_spawn_async_with_pipes() and kill()

Hello everyone!

I'm using g_spawn_async_with_pipes() to launch pppd on a little app I'm
developing. I launch it with:

                g_spawn_async_with_pipes(NULL, argv, NULL,
                                         G_SPAWN_SEARCH_PATH,
                                         NULL, NULL, &self->pppd_pid,
                                         NULL, &pppd_out, NULL,
                                         &spawn_err);

And then later I need to kill pppd and am doing it with:

                kill(self->pppd_pid, SIGTERM);

But here lies the problem, because this call kills my app too with
signal 15. I can't find anywhere in the docs why this should be the
case. Any pointers?

Thanks,

Rui