Re: Pango Warning

On 9/11/06, David Nečas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:51:17AM +0530, shibu Alampatta wrote:
>  I'm using a combo box, code is given below
>
> char a[15];
>
> strcpy(a,"AAA");
> glist_append(glist,a);
>
> It reports
>
> Pango Warning**: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

The posted code does not print this warning (try yourself)[*].

The problem is elsewhere where you pass a non-UTF-8 encoded
text, or maybe some random rubbish, to a Gtk+ function as
a string.

Yeti

[*] It contains two probable bugs however, one is not using
the return value of g_list_append() likely leading to a
memory leak, another is the use of strcpy() prone to buffer
overflows.

Also if you do this in a function call, the 'a' variable will lose its
scope and using it outside of the function will lead to problems.