Re: How to save/load GtkTreeStore into a file?

On 8/29/06, chabayo <chabayo yahoo de> wrote:
Hello all,...

...i try to load a GtkTreeStore from a file that i was saving with
gtk_tree_store_foreach calling a function inheritting
gtk_tree_model_get_string_from_iter (the 0:0,0:1,1:0:0,... thing)
and gtk_tree_model_get .

Now it would be seem easy to me to be done with
gtk_tree_model_get_iter_from_string and gtk_tree_store_set.

The Problem is, by meaning, there is no node to iterate for the factive
virtual node referenced by the string.

Anyone could tell me the preferable way to save/load GtkTreeStores ??

It's not the GtkTreeStore but the GtkTreeModel which you need to save
and/or load. This depends on the data you have; I personally use XML
files which are quite well adapted to represent trees.

Regards,

vivien