RE: Taskbar, pager and urgency GtkWindow hints...

I have an application that creates a small borderless window
containing an "always below" icon, with the taskbar and pager skip
hints turned on so it doesn't show anywhere except where it's put
on the desktop.
The urgency hint works just fine as long as the window is listed in
the taskbar, but the skip hints onto seem to take effect at initial
window creation.

False alarm, it seems...  *frowns*  Not sure what happened, really.

Anyhow, it appears that certain window flags have to be set after the window has been shown.  The
documentation doesn't mention that terribly clearly...

Anyhow, forcing a couple extra window flags along with the urgency hint seemed to do the trick.  It now
un-skips the taskbar and pager, raises the window (and doesn't lower it, just to be sure).  The result is
that the taskbar icon and the window now appear and flashes at me quite happily.

This is being an arcane art of the highest order...  Methinks...  :)

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com