About XML file formats

Dearest ones,

Do you mind if I ask you off-topic? I am a complete newbie in XML and I would like to know how do you deal with it in your applications (those who write and read XML-formatted files)... I have googled about the topic some times, read a lot about SAX, DOM, but I still have some doubts...

1) You can read a XML file with SAX or DOM approaches, ok... but how do you WRITE an XML file? Do you keep in memory a tree representation of the data, and write it all to disk at once? Do you use a self-written function to write line by line to a buffer and then save this buffer? I mean, what is the preferred procedure??

2) I have read that using elements is more recommended than using attributes. But I see that Glade, for example, uses a LOT of attributes in its tags. For you, developers, which are the general rules for using one or another?

Thank you and regards!

Fabricio Rocha
Brasilia, Brasil

_______________________________________________________ Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Yahoo! Respostas !