Executing program from its path

My program create pixmaps loading images from files located in a subfolder of the executable.
Under windows, I have no problem.
Under Linux, I'm experiecing the following inconvenient: If I run the program from command line from the same
folder the execuatble is, I got no problem, while, If I try to launch the program from konqueror my image
folder is not found, since program is not being launched from it's absolute path. As result, my icons doesn't
appears.

Can I handle this inside the program in any way? Thank you and sorry for my bad english