Re: Very strange bug - memory alignment - after upgrading to GLib 2.12.4-1

Hi all,

Some days ago I have posted a piece of code and the description of a very strange bug -- up to a certain line, a guint8 variable (part of a dinamically-allocated structure) has the value 0; and after a call to gtk_combo_box_set_active, which does NOT use the mentioned variable as parameter, it gets the value 255 'ÿ' , according to GDB running within Anjuta. This thing started to happen after an upgrade to GLib 2.14, Debian Unstable box.

Since then I have upgraded GCC to the latest version, but it didn´t help. The topic apparently has died, but I still would like to know what do you folks think about such thing -- did someone have the same problem? Have you heard of something like that before? What could be the cause? Do you have any tips? Sorry about insisting in that, the topic might not be much interesting, but I really don´t know what could be wrong there, and you guys always notice things that we newbies would never see...

Thanks and regards!

Fabricio Rocha
The RADiola Project
Brasilia, Brasil