Re: Combining GTK+ and C++

Brian,

Certainly, I am well aware of gtkmm.  I've actually done serious work in it
previously.  The library I am currently
using, called GtkExtra, is GTK+-based, but I still would like to code my
stuff in C++.  The framework
gtkmm provides is overly and unnecessarily general for what I need.
Therefore I am trying to hear from those
who coded in GTK+/C++ directly and from scratch and see how they set things
up without going into all the
complexity and genericity gtkmm/glibmm has.

I have to admit that gtkmm is so incredibly well-done that you truly feel in
safe haven when you program
with it.  But then it becomes a bit of a shocker when you have to step one
level down and start doing things with
pure GTK.  An obvious solution would be to use C, but then you only get a
fraction of what C++ offers.  Hence all
the confusion I have.  :)

Regards,

Nickolai