Re: polling sockets using glib

tomas tuxteam de wrote:

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 09:20:59AM +1000, Peter Robinson wrote:
Hi,
I am writing a server application (using glib) in which I want to be able to (frequently) turn polling on and off for given sockets.

I am currently using g_io_add_watch to add a watch on a socket and g_source_remove to remove the watch. This seems like an expensive way of doing what I want. What is the recommended way of doing this?

This is what I'm doing too. Although it doesn't seem to add much
overhead in my case, I'd have preferred to have a "switch off" and
"switch on" a source without throwing away all data structures. May
be this could be a feature request? What do folks think?
This is exactly what I was thinking :) - being able to toggle seems like a very good idea to me.

Peter