Re: socket question

I'm using the GNet library [1], which makes this kind of thing easier
with asynchronous (non-blocking) sockets. The callbacks will get run
in your main loop, so as long as the handler doesn't take too long to
run, the GUI shouldn't block. Maybe if you posted an example of what
you're trying to do, I'd be able to help you out more...

Samuel Cormier-Iijima

[1] http://www.gnetlibrary.org/