Re: canvas, cairo and/or pixbufs? (was Re: Application Approach)

I suppose one problem with the Pixbuf approach is that a Pixbuf is not
a drawable (unlike a Pixmap), so you either need to come up with your
own drawing routines for lines and such, or draw onto a Pixmap and use
gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable. If there's a better way, do let me know
(it's one area where my application could use some speedup - I use the
second approach).

-Jim