RE: Trouble with GtkPaned

hi,

If I make the window wider while the app is running, I cannot make the
left
pane wider than the original width of the window; the divider cannot be
dragged further to the right.
you're probably looking for "shrink". you can only shrink a widget
(i.e. by moving a pane) when shrinking is allowed.

-> see:
* "shrink" parameter in gtk_paned_pack*
* "X Shink"|"Y Shrink" button in glade
* GTK_SHRINK in GtkAttachOptions

I don't think this is the problem.
Before the window is resized, I have no problem moving the divider; I can
make either pane take up the entire area of the window.  The problem arises
only when I make the window wider.  When I do that, it is impossible for the
left pane to take up the extra area, i.e. it's width is limited to the
original width of the window.

The size of the GtkPaned doesn't seem to change according to the size of the
container it is packed into.  I even tried explicitly calling
gtk_widget_set_size_request on the GtkPaned, with the new dimensions of the
window, every time the window is resized.  Still seeing the same problem.