Re: color in gtkentry

On Tue, 23.05.2006 17:40, David NeÄas (Yeti) wrote:

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 09:25:45AM +0200, Vallario Brigitte wrote:

I will set the color in a GtkEntry, but under SuSE 9.3 with KDE does not
work.
With SuSE 8.2 it works!! The text in the GtkEntry is red.

I suppose this is another problem of their theme engine,
because it does work in SuSE 9.3 -- except it does not work
in KDE which sets up some theme engine to make Gtk+ look
more like itself...

If KDE is at fault, you can try the following things:

- Make sure
  "KDE Control Center -> Appearance & Themes -> Colors ->
  [ ] Apply colors to non-KDE applications"
  is unchecked.

- create an empty file called
  .no-qtrc-to-gtkrc-mapping
  in your home directory and restart KDE afterwards

Hope that helps,
Holger