Re: building a library using gtk+

I handle this by making my own .pc file for my library. It's fairly
easy to get your configure script to generate one and install it
correctly, but I could post an example if you like.

One you have a mylibrary.pc installed, your users can compile and link with:

 g++ main.cpp `pkg-config mylibrary --cflags --libs`

and they should never need to see any gtk/glib/whatever nonsense.

No, but if they for whatever reason happen to be using a different compiler than the one used to produce mylibrary, the pkg-config command could give them options specific to a compiler they aren't using.

I've run into this a couple times while porting netperf4.

rick jones