Re: why is pango_font_description_set_* functions leaking

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 06:03 -0700, nerdy wrote:
Hello all,

I found that the functions pango_font_description_set_family and
pango_font_description_set_size are leaking memory. I am using pango
version 1.4.0.

fontdesc =  pango_font_description_new();
pango_font_description_set_family(fontdesc,"courier");
pango_font_description_set_size(fontdesc,size*PANGO_SCALE);
pango_font_description_free (fontdesc);

When i ran the program (pasted below) and saw the memory usage profile
from top command, i see that a the program allocates a lot of memory
continuously. When i commented out the statements that i suspect are
leaky, i dont see any contiuous memory allocation. Is this behaviour
typical of pango or am i missing something. Please clarify my doubt.

You are continually drawing at bigger and Bigger and BIGGER font
sizes... don't you expect this to allocate more and More and MORE
memory?
                                                Owen