Re: How to trap mouse motion, mouse up, and wheel events?

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 16:38 -0500, Dov Kruger wrote:
I do not see examples of how to use g_signal_connect and would
appreciate some help, perhaps an example?

Use it the same way you used the gtk_signal_connect calls.  Just replace
one with the other.

Right now, the code does not trap mouse motion, mouse up, or wheel
events, but it does trap key clicks and mouse presses.

You need to enable the other events with a call to
gtk_widget_set_events.

See http://www.gtk.org/~otaylor/gtk/tutorial/drawing_tut-1.html

Can someone please tell me what is wrong? Is it that the code is
deprecated? Is there something I am doing wrong?

Just enable the extra events for the widgets you want to trap motion on.
using gtk_widget_set_events(widget,GDK_POINTER_MOTION_MASK)

Michael

thanks!