GtkTreeView and Hinting

Hello all.

I'm doing an App that uses GtkTreeView a lot... I read the EXCELENT
GtkTreeView tutorial and helping me a lot but...

In:
http://scentric.net/tutorial/sec-treeview-col-whole-row.html

Says that instead of changing backgroud color (I want to change it to
reflect rows changed) I should use hinting...

How can I map properties to change hinting as says in the previous
paragraph?

gtk_tree_view_column_add_attribute(col, renderer, "background-set",
COL_MODIFIED);

I've done already changing backgroud to default color... This is
horrible as default color is black...

Tnx so much!

--
Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado - Ingeniero en InformÃtica
        [ Seguridad & Medios de pago ]