Re: Widgets inside a GtkDrawingArea

On 3/21/06, Sander Marechal <s marechal jejik com> wrote:
I'm also having trouble getting the GtkLayout resized properly if the
main window changes size. It looks like GtkLayout and it's container
element GtkScrolledWindow do not send out configure_event's when the
main GtkWindow is resized. Is this true?

I have tried attaching a configure_event to the window itself and
calling getting the size of the GtkScrolledWindow in the code, but that
doesn't work. The resizing of the GtkLayout starts to lag a couple of
frames behind the actual resize so it ends up at an incorrect size.
Setting the configure_event to shoot after the class function improved
it a little, but it still lags.

Any solutions to this? Thanks!

GtkLayout doesn't emit "configure-event". Try to connect to
"size-allocate" signal of the layout. You'll get the actual size of
the layout in the signal handler's second parameter.

   Olexiy