Re: Find Signal Name, in callback handler.

Muthiah Annamalai wrote:
Dear friend,

I want to know if its possible to find Signal Name, in
callback handler.

Im writing language bindings and I need to evaluate
some designs on routing callbacks; with a fair
amount of searching on archives of this ML,
I dont find this question answered well, enough.

Q: void handler(GObject *obj,gpointer *ptr)
   {
//how do I know which signal // eg: changed, clicked, or whatever
          // triggered this handler?
   }

I can see some of the folks trying to show me the
thing called closures, but I dont want to tackle

1) Use g_signal_handler_find() to find the signal's id.
2) Use g_signal_name() to get the signal's name.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gobject/gobject-Signals.html#g-signal-handler-find
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gobject/gobject-Signals.html#g-signal-name

        Olexiy