Re: what's the best way to handle variables and objects?

Andreas Kotowicz wrote:

Hi Tristan,

[...]

do you know maybe a relatively simple gnome app which uses this concept,
so I could have a look at the source code and see how all the
interaction works?

Well, how about I just type away from memory... after writing that
I notice that its probably not something one would do... but it should
give you some good ideas ;-)

Cheers,
                               -Tristan

typedef struct {
   GtkWidget *prog;
   gint a;
   gchar *str;
} MyStruct;

/*
.
.
.
*/
static void
my_destroy (MyStruct *my)
{
   if (my->str) g_free (my->str);
   g_free (my);
}

/*
.
.
.
*/
MyStruct  * my = g_new0 (MyStruct, 1);

<http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-Datasets.html#GDestroyNotify>g_signal_connect_data (G_OBJECT(adj), "value-changed",
                                       G_CALLBACK (progress_callback), my,
                                       (GDestroyNotify)my_destroy, 0);

/*
.
.
.
*/
static void
progress_callback (GtkWidget *button, MyStruct *my)
{
   /* do something rediculous like set the progress bar percentage
    * to match the adjustment.
    */