Re: Closing Main window with out Closing the child window
- From: "David Necas (Yeti)" <yeti physics muni cz>
- To: Prabhakar Muthuswamy <Prabhakar Muthuswamy raritan com>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Closing Main window with out Closing the child window
- Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:11:55 +0100
On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 09:51:03AM -0500, Prabhakar Muthuswamy wrote:
I have a main window (which is a login screen) after I am
authenticated this main window should go away and other window should
pop up. As of now I am able to pop the second window but the main window
is hiding behind the second window. Is there an API which would allow me
to close the main window with out closing the entire application?
Closing any window does not terminate the application,
unless you set it up so. And there is no main window (well,
your app perhaps has a main window, but that concept is
introduced by the app, not by Gtk+).
So, do not terminate the app in the "destroy" callback of
the window, or disconnect the callback, or just stop doing
the thing that makes your app quit. Then you can simply
destroy the first window when you show the second one.
] [Thread Prev