Re: zipping/unzipping library?
- From: Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>
- To: Thomas Klausner <tk giga or at>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu>
- Subject: Re: zipping/unzipping library?
- Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:30:51 -0500
On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 07:13:00PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 11:30:32PM -0500, Allin Cottrell wrote:
Before I embark on this I'd like to find out if something of the
sort already exists, or if someone else is already working in this
area. Also, perhaps, how much interest there might be in this
What I'm thinking would be useful is a library, with the portability
level of glib, offering the functionality of creating and extracting
files from zip archives. I envisage it using both glib and zlib,
and offering a basic API with these elements:
* A function to create a zip file, given a target filename, a list
of files to archive, and a compression level.
* A function to retrieve a list of file attributes from a zip
* A function to extract all, or a selected list of, files from a zip
Take a look at libzip
It doesn't directly write files to the file system, but makes it
very easy to do so yourself, and supports your other requested
There is also libgsf which is more gobject oriented.
] [Thread Prev