Redrawing slow.

Hi. I have implemented a widget, and had to include native scrolling capabilities. Only problem is, redrawing is slightly slow, and a noticeable lag (.25 second) is noticed on every scroll. I was wondering if there is a way to after a scroll, draw my window somewhere else, and then show it all at one time. I have done some reading, I found that the progress bar widget does something similar to prevent flickering. Any help would be appreciated.

-jordan