writing my own widget or use gtk provided widget?

Hi experts,

My group met a problem when writing our application. We'll implement 5
windows in the application and each window will contain some normal gtk
widgets such as check buttons, textview, buttons, ...
Now, we have two solutions:
1. Implementing each window as a new gtk widget
2. Just coding like a normal gtk program, adding handlers and setting
attibuts to the gtk provided widgets

For the first solution, we can encapsulate some private data into the
widget. So, it makes the program with clear structure. But we're
concerning it may introduce more test work on the widget implementation
itself, such as class init, get type funcs, registeration funcs, etc.

Do you have suggestions on it? With what scenarios should programmer
write her/his own widgets and what scenarios shouldn't?