Re: Interdependent adjustments conundrum

Daniel Haude wrote:
[...]
I looked at g_signal_handler_block(); I do have the signal IDs (using some ugly external global variables) but I can't figure out what the "instance" argument is supposed to mean. But even if I could I wouldn't know how to use it because where would I put it? Somehow D must distinguish the value-changes of A, B, C that were caused by direct user interaction from those that are a result of D issuing changes on A, B, C.

"instance" is the instance that owns the signal in question... i.e. if
you connected to "value-changed" on an adjustment... then the pointer
to *that* adjustment is the instance you must pass in....

You can use it to prevent feedback in your application when you are
performing resets or manually setting the values to some predefined states.

Cheers,
                      -Tristan