Re: silly problems with program directory
- From: Jan Struyf <jan struyf cs kuleuven be>
- To: Yiannis <odysseus lost gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: silly problems with program directory
- Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:04:01 -0500 (CDT)
The solution is NOT to make your program dependent on the directory it
was run from and use compiled-in paths [+ env variables] [+ command
line options] to specify the location -- which I believe is the norm.
Assuming that the users/sysadmins dont start moving your apps
distributed files around the system; it should all work out fine using
the traditional autofoo methods.
You might also want to consider this:
It allows one to create a binary that can just be unzipped at any place in
the filesystem and figures out at runtime where the data files are based
on the location of the executable.
] [Thread Prev