Re: libglade win32 glade_xml_new_from_buffer problem

Eric Masson @ Savant Protection writes:
My code crashes deep inside of libglade when I do this. If I change
this line to load my .glade from a file it works just fine.  My resource
pointer is good. To test it I wrote size bytes of ptr to a file and I
loaded my .glade from a file.  Is there a bug in
glade_xml_new_from_buffer on win32???

Not as far as I know. That code path in libglade should be quite
platform-independent. Is it possible that you have some heap
corruption caused by your own code earlier, and that the corruption
then just happens to then finally cause a crash when executing
glade_xml_new_from_buffer()? Have you tried running your code on Linux
under valgrind?

What happens if you copy the contents of the resource to a temporary
buffer and parse it from there instead?

--tml