Re: Start Progress After User Has Entered Info/Data

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 10:50:42PM +0200, Peter Robinson wrote:
Dear List,

I have studied the example program for creating a progress bar and tried
some variations. For my application, the user must set a few parameters
and open a few data files. I would like to have the progress bar start up
after that. For whatever reason, although I can see the outline of the
progress bar, I cannot get it start or write text into it with a callback
function that is executed when the user clicks on "start".
[some code elided]
What am I doing wrong? Sorry if these are dumb questions, it's my first GTK app...

Now a really dumb question back: does gtk get a chance to do anything
during the long calculations? You can check that easily by testing
whether your app redraws its windows during that time. If not, then this
is the culprit.

If that is the case, have a look at:

  <http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-General.html#gtk-main-iteration>

HTH