Re: TreeView and default widget

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 12:07:17PM +0200, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
In my interface i have a button which grabs default focus like this

GTK_WIDGET_SET_FLAGS (GTK_WIDGET(my_button), GTK_CAN_DEFAULT);
gtk_widget_grab_default (button)

so that it gets activated when the user presses enter key,
and i also have a Treeview which grabs focus like this

gtk_widget_grab_focus(view)

so that the user can scroll the list without tabbing into it.
Obviously, when the treeview is active, the enter key no longer
activates the button and the user has to tab over it and press space or
enter to activate it.
Is there a solution for this that doesn't require dealing with
key_press_event signal?

I suppose the treeview is completely passive when the user
can press Enter and nothing is supposed to happen in the
treeview itself.  Then you can connect to its
"row-activated" signal and handle it as activation of the
button.

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.