How to switch focus to another UI ?

Hi all,

I have a (what seems to me) to be a simple application that I just, for the
life of me, I cannot get to work.

I have 2 small UI's, both in one application. one UI, is, for example, a button
box. It is unimportant, except that it has widgets that you click. a "click
callback" is attached to the widgets, and that works just fine.

The 2nd UI is a notebook, with tabs.

Now, when you click widgets in the 1st ui, the callback has several things it
wants to accomplish.

        - it wants to select a particular tab in the notebook, and cause
          that tab to be the selected tab. This was very straight forward
          and worked the 1st time I tried. :)

        - it *also* wants the notebook to become the selected UI (instead
          of the UI containing the clickable widgets).

I *know* that this can be done, but for the life of me I'm at a loss how to
accomplish this.

For the curious I have attached a sample small program with 2 sample UI's.
clicking a button in the button box, does cause the desired notebook tab to be
selected, but the focus remains on the button box, and does NOT pass off to the
notebook.

Anyone done anything like this before ? anyone know of any sample code to look
at ? (except gaim... it's way too encapsulated to follow :(

many thanks in advance,

-Greg

Please also check the log file at "/dev/null" for additional information.
                (from /var/log/Xorg.setup.log)

| Greg Hosler                                   greg hosler per sg    |