Re: Building module compatiable with GModule

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 07:58:46PM +0200, Tomasz Jankowski wrote:
I can't find any information about building plugins, which can be loaded by
GModule under Linux.

You can however find lots of examples of modules directly in
Gtk+: pixbuf loaders, input methods, theme engines.

How can I build plugin? Should I use libtool to do it,
or there is other way?

You should use libtool (of course, if you know the target
system is Linux, there is also the direct way).

If libtool is good tool for that, should I build
plugin wth some specific libtool's options?

Assuming you already use libtool and have a subdirectory
with modules only, then

  AM_LDFLAGS = -avoid-version -module

  foodir = $(pkglibdir)/modules

  foo_LTLIBRARIES = somemodule.la

  somemodule_la_SOURCES = somemodule.c ...

is sufficient (otherwise you need to get these flags where
they belong).

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.