New to GObject, few questions

Hi!

Well, I'm working with GTK+ quite long, but I have never tried to get inside
it's code. Now I'm trying to understood how GObject works and I must say,
that it isn't as easy as I tought ;)

I read few times "Gobject tutorial" provided with GLib's documentation but I
don't understood it enouhg good, maybe because I don't like (and know)
object languages, I know only C++ basics. So these are my questions:

I. What the Interfaces are? I don't understood their predestination? I
understood them as other type of Methods, but I'm know, that Interfaces
aren't Methods, can someone explain me it?

II. For example, object "XXX" inherits from object "ZZZ" and I defined
*_finalize () functions for object ZZZ, but I didn't define any *finalize
functions for object XXX. What will happen if I'll try to destroy XXX
object? Will ZZZ's *_finalize functions will be used?

III. What 'GTypeInstance' is?
--
Pozdrawiam!
Tom