Re: Raster operations

   Have you looked at Cairo? Instead of using GDK you can use Cairo.
Unfortunately I don't know anything about ROP2, ROP3, Porter and Duff, I don't know what they are, but using Cairo is easy and seems more powerful than GDK to me, I use a GtkDrawingArea too (but drawing with Cairo of course).
   Hope this helps.
   Bye.