Re: Three state check button

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 08:50:56AM +0200, Atanas Atanasov wrote:
It worked but I would say partially. I tested with a GtkCheckButton
and its appearance is a shaded tick. However I cannot see how I can
get and set the "third" state.  Is the button supposed to change its
state automatically as it does with not-inconsistent buttons or I have
to receive the pressed and released and change the state accordingly
up to my preference.

Is the documentation so unclear?

    Normally you would turn off the inconsistent state again
    if the user toggles the toggle button. This has to be
    done manually, gtk_toggle_button_set_inconsistent() only
    affects visual appearance, it doesn't affect the
    semantics of the button.

I would like to know whether the button
is pressed at some moment or not. I could not find a function which
returns this aspect of the button state. Is there any other solution
apart from trapping pressed and released and keeping a flag of the
state.

Is the documentation so unclear?

    The state of a GtkToggleButton can be set specifically
    using gtk_toggle_button_set_active(), and retrieved
    using gtk_toggle_button_get_active().

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.