slider_width - adjusting scrollbar sizes

Hi all:

Excuse me if this has been answered recently but I am a new subscriber to the list but did search the archives for the last 2 years.

I am upgrading some code from 1.2 to 2.6 and we run it without a window manager (a single x-window at a time)

and we need to adjust the size of the scroll bars (mostly so they can actually be used on our touch screen).

Under gtk+ 1.2 we were able to simply modify the base range class doing the following:

void SetHScrollBarSize( gint sliderWidth, gint stepperSize )
{
    GtkRangeClass *rClass;

    rClass = gtk_type_class ( gtk_hscrollbar_get_type() );
    rClass->slider_width = sliderWidth;
    rClass->stepper_size = stepperSize;
}

Now this will not compile under 2.6 because rClass no longer has a member called "slider_width". I have tried getting to the data by using the privates GtkRangeLayout fields but to no avail.

Can someone please point me to the right way to do this.

Thanks,

Eric Hegstrom