Re: images inside labels

devel wrote:
I have a gtknotebook that I would like to put small images inside the tab labels. I've looked around, but
haven't seen how to do that. I am willing to bet that it can't be done, but I'll just ask as a last resort.
Thanks.

Hmmm how much you wanna bet ?

heh, so do you want images as a background of the label
or do you want images beside the labels in the notebook ?

You can:
   o Create a hbox and add an Image and a Label to it, then call
     gtk_notebook_set_tab_label (if thats what the function is called)
     with the hbox as an argument (you can use anything as a tab-label).

   o If you want the label to draw onto an image, you'll have to dig
     a little deeper; you need to use the theme engine to associate
     a graphic file with the background of the label (or its parent
     widget), you could do this via a gtkrc file also but I think
     you'll want it to be theme independant.

     This func: gtk_widget_modify_style () should be a good lead on
     how to do that :)

Cheers,
                 -Tristan