How to select multiple folders

 Hello everyone,
       I am new to  this group.  I need to design GUI using GTK. I must implement a function which displays
all the files and folders in the directory. Clicking on that folder must also display all its subfolders and
files. There must be a check button box to the left of each directory so that the required files and folders
can be selected. Finally clicking on the OK button returns all the selected files and folders.

I tried using gtk file selection, but it was able to select only files and not multipe folders. Also check
boxes cannot be added there..

So can anyone please tell me how to achieve the solution to the problem.

Thanking You
Sandeep

Regards