Re: containers for containers

Vivien Malerba wrote:

Thanks for your help,
in fact my problem is that I need to find a container class that could contain others containers of the same type AND which positions and sizes could be specified "manually" (i.e. without following any predefined layout) Is there such class of GTK object available? or an alternate way to do that.. ?

Ephrem

The containers are meant to contain GtkWidget widgets and manage their
relative positions and sizes depending on the kind of container (most
of them ensure a good  usage of the allocated space to avoid having to
set hard-coded widget dimensions as is too often the case for MS
Windows applications). Containers are not meant to draw directly into
them (to do this, use the GtkDrawingArea widget).

If you want to test containers, have a look at the gtk-demo program,
and the GTK+ tutorial.

If you want to make the code for the example you mention, then use the
GtkDrawingArea widget: create a main window, and put inside a
GtkDrawingArea widget on which you can draw the rectangles using GDK
(see the API documentation).

Hope this helps you,

Regards,

Vivien