Re: GTK and threads

This FAQ entry is where I started from. My first attempt at making threads work resulted in all threads running one after the other, in series instead of in parallel, because I was locking the whole thread with gdk_threads_enter() at the beginning. I "progressed" to trying to lock only the gtk/gdk calls in order to restore the parallelism. I am still trying to make it work, but creating bugs like the one I described earlier (two calls to gdk_threads_enter() in the same thread results in lockup).

regards

There's a FAQ entry about this:
http://www.gtk.org/faq/#AEN482
And I'm pretty sure there's something very similar in the API
documentation, but I don't feel like digging for it now.

Bill Gates can rest quietly at night. The threat from Linux
is only in the imagination of the Linux geeks.

Please do not get angry. Shooting the messange is not the answer.

I find it ironic that you say something so obviously inflammatory (and
in this particular case, based on your incorrect assumptions), and then
tell us not to get angry.  If you don't want to get shot, then don't
lace your message with thinly-veiled insults and accusations.

        -brian