Re: Glade-2 and deprecated gdk_pixbuf_unref() call / Glade-3

At 11:49 AM 12/27/2006, David wrote:
On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 11:23:16AM -0800, Daniel Yek wrote:
> I'm trying to get rid of the deprecated gdk_pixbuf_unref() calls in the
> *_interface.c files from Glade-2.
>
> Is there a recommended way to do that? Is Glade-2 going to be fixed to not
> produce deprecated function calls?

Keep them there,

Thanks for responding.

gdk_pixbuf_unref() is undefined in LSB 3.1, so I can't leave them there.
http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Desktop-generic/LSB-Desktop-generic/libgtk-x11-2.0.html
http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Desktop-generic/LSB-Desktop-generic/book1.html

At this point, we are only going to use APIs defined in LSB 3.1, so it would help if tools facilitate creation of LSB 3.1-conforming application.

--
Daniel Yek

this is just a futile excercise.
The whole code generation thing is deprecated, so any
generated code is essentially deprecated by definition.

gdk_pixbuf_unref() is defined

void
gdk_pixbuf_unref (GdkPixbuf *pixbuf)
{
        g_object_unref (pixbuf);
}

therefore it does exactly what it should and it isn't going
to disappear sooner than in Gtk+ 3.0.

If you compile your code with various -DFOO_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
then I hope you don't do this in the production version
because it's not forward-compatible and I suggest to just
leave out these defines for the [deprecated] generated code.

Yeti

--
Whatever.