Re: Glade-2 and deprecated gdk_pixbuf_unref() call / Glade-3

On Wednesday 27 December 2006 20:23, Daniel Yek wrote:
Hi,

Glade-3 was released as stable a few months ago, right?

I saw http://glade.gnome.org stated that Glade-3 requires GTK+ 2.8. Does it
mean that the resulting application requires GTK+2.8 too? Or was it a
requirement for the development machine only?

My application baseline is GTK+ 2.4; does that mean that I can't use
Glade-3 in my project yet?

I'm trying to get rid of the deprecated gdk_pixbuf_unref() calls in the
*_interface.c files from Glade-2.

Is there a recommended way to do that? Is Glade-2 going to be fixed to not
produce deprecated function calls?

This particular fix is really easy -- just replacing gdk_pixbuf_unref()
with g_object_unref().
If there is no interest in fixing Glade-2, is there a work-around I can use
without manually changing / post-processing the generated files?

Maybe:

#define gdk_pixbuf_unref             g_object_unref

Ciao,
Tito

Thanks.