From: "Anurag Chaudhary" <chaudharyanurag hotmail com>
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: GtkEntry format
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:29:10 +0530

Hi,

I am porting an application's GUI from OS/2 presentation manager to GTK on linux. I have very specific requirement where I need a GtkEntry widget to display text as invisible character. But I need a space or - or any delimiter after every 4 characters. If I insert this delimiter manually in the "insert_text" event handler, it is also displayed as the invisible character set. I don't have the luxury of displaying multiple text boxes each 4 chars wide. Is there anything that I can do to force this format, so that GtkEntry's text fetching functions work as they are now.

Thanks
Anurag