Re: A question about threads

On 12/11/06, Christopher Bland <themanatuf juno com> wrote:
I had the same requirement. I also needed to write to a status bar from
my other threads. Based on feedback from this mailing list here is what
worked perfectly for me:

This is a good solution, but will not be portable to non-unix systems.

I use the g_thread*() library rather than pthreads, and an GAsyncQueue
rather than a pipe and my apps works on unix and win32 OK.

I'm told you can actually just use g_timeout_add() from the thread
rather than an async queue and a GIO watch, but I've never had the
courage to try it.

John