Re: Source code for gtk-demo

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 09:14:59PM -0800, devilsclaw wrote:

for example if you plan on compiling a console app in visual studios the
entry point that is there converts the parameters passed to the exe to
the standard c format. which is still a little different from the way
unix and linux pass parameters.

in linux it uses \ for files with spaces in there name. where in windows
it puts "" around the string with spaces in it.

I suggest to check the reality.  I'm not entirely sure what
`it' stands for here, but no related noun (shell, execve,
libc entry code, kernel, ...) does any such thing on Linux.
And there is no occasion when it would make sense to do --
unless you mean running other programs via the shell, but in
this case `it' is your program and you can use any quoting
the shell understands, e.g. double quotes.

Yeti

--
Whatever.